Introduction of orthopedic cast tape
Orthopedic cast tape is made of knitted fiberglass or polyester
fabric impregnated with water-activated polyurethane resin. It is
mainly used for the external fixation of fracture and common
Features of Orthopedic Cast Tape
- CE / FDA
- Good X-ray Radiolucency
- High strength and light weight.
- Good air-permeability.
- Easy operating.
- Eco-friendly material.
- Good conformability and mold-ability.
Operation of Orthopedic Cast Tape
1. Use the protective padding or stockinet on the fixed part
2. Wear surgical gloves, select the roll of proper size
3. Immerse the cast in room temperature water (21-24degrees) for
4-6 seconds and squeeze it 2-3 times
4. Wrap spirally, overlapping the previous layer by one-half or
two-thirds the width of the roll
5. Smooth and rub the surface to achieve good contact between
6. Cast removal: cutting by an electric cast saw
Specification and Packing